Nitrogen is applied on the farm in a number of forms, in a range of fertilizers and manures. In soils, nitrogen is converted to nitrate, which is the form most easily utilized by plants for the production of proteins and nucleic acids. Nitrate is also released in animal waste. Over time, the excessive accumulation of nitrate on the farm increases the potential of pollution particularly into water. Nitrate toxicity can occur when nitrate levels become too high and pose a threat to plants, livestock and human health.
Monitoring and management of nitrate in crops and soil is essential.
New Unique Test Kit Green Technology
AgNitrogen has launched a simple yet highly accurate test kit to help farmers carry out efficient nitrate testing.
- Environmentally Friendly - uses natural enzymes not toxic metals
- Reliable Enzyme Based Technology - used in scientific & health labs
- Gives results in real time
- Inexpensive and easy to use.
- Test soil, water or plant samples for an accurate measure of Nitrate content
- Allows farm managers / advisors to see how nitrate is accumulating and being transferred on the farm.
Using quality Streambars for application of liquid fertilizers, such as UAN, will ensure that the whole plant stand receives an even and accurate application leading to optimum yields, without the leaf burn normally associated with liquid nitrogen application
Streambars - a One-Piece Solution
Benefits for application
- Utilize current sprayer – fits most sprayers, saves on machinery costs
- Crop height – use them during most of the growing season
- Boom Height – vertical streams of fertilizer with no overlap, fertilizer application is unaffected
- Uneven ground – application is evened out
- Windy conditions – can apply in most weather conditions
- Rate of application - wide range of application rates
- Crop burn – scorch reduced significantly
- Fertilizer placement - very accurate and uniform